Sunday, August 9, 2009

Windmills that produce Water

What's new at KeelyNet
The Water Wind Turbine sucks in air to make electricity used to cool the air to produce water. A 15 meter wind turbine can be installed in an hour. They currently cost 9,000-25,000 euros per device. Inventor Mark Parent says our 2nd largest water reserve is in the air. The Water Windmill produces 800 liters of water per day. (Thanks to Paul C. for the headsup. - JWD) - Source


Self sufficiency, including self sufficient communities, is definitely a growing trend that appears to be spreading across several countries like wildfire lately. It is a trend which is becoming increasingly more important as more and more people are realizing the benefits and the liberating feeling of freedom from getting off the grid. It definitely eliminates the fear of any potential global economic collapse as anyone who is self sufficient would not be affected.

That being said I feel it is critically important that the blueprints to this windmill that produces water should and must be made freely and readily available to everyone. If anyone has information on how to build this water producer without the enormous cost then please share. I will be doing my own research, and if I discover any useful information myself I will definitely release any instructions to producing this device.

I am already aware of other water collection methods such as those similar to the atmospheric water generator created by Ecoloblue
, but those are also quite expensive and must be powered by electricity, so if the power were to go out for an indefinite period of time then it would produce no water. That is why I find the windmill water producer more feasible. I imagine we could use any self powered device to produce water in the same way as the windmill, such as solar for example, just as long as there is some sort of power source to produce the cold temperature needed to attract the moisture in the air.

Again, I will post any information I find to produce a "working" water collector powered by alternate energies.

No comments: